Solid Zirconia Ceramic is the longest wearing blade material available for many razor slitting applications. We have seen it wear up to 100X longer than standard steel blades.
It is important to note that Solid Ceramic Blades are very hard and brittle. In the right application, they can out-perform most other materials. You need to make sure your process has good web control. Lateral movement can cause Ceramic Blades to break. If Ceramic is the right material for you application, it should give you much longer wear-life. If it is too hard for your application iiBlades offers other materials that should work just fine.
iiBlades uses the highest quality Zirconia Ceramic to ensure the longest wear and cleanest cuts. Our Ceramic Blades are made from YTZP (Yttria Tetragonal Zirconia Polycrystal) material. We only use material that has a Sub-Micron Grain Structure and has gone through a HIP (Hot Isostatic Press) process to ensure that our blades give customers the longest wearing and sharpest edges. All of our blades are inspected under magnification for quality control.
- Very Hard Material – often wears up to 100X longer than standard steel
- Resistant to Heat – can be used in high temperature applications
- Razor Sharp – gives clean cutting and slit edges
- Reduce Static Build-up
- Low Coefficient of Friction
- Corrosion Resistant
These blades are available in the following shapes:
- Thin stretchy films
- Applications that have good web control
- Applications that are extremely tough on other blades
- When you require the longest lasting blade available